Traditional greek Fasolada recipe is white dry beans soup from healthy mediterranean diet. Authentic Greek Fasolada soup recipe is easy to make, cheap and highly beneficial for your health and recommended also to vegetarians vegans included.
Healthy benefits of beans will make Fasolada soup (Φασολάδα in Greek means Beans soup) No 1 in your daily diet.
Choose to buy only uncooked dry beans. They are cheap and have no preservatives. They keep a long time (5 years or more) in a dark and dry environment ! Buy them in the supermarkets of your area, at open-air market or buy Greek white dry beans here on Amazon.com
Why should you eat beans ? Because beans nutrition facts are remarkable: Beans have to be boiled and cooked first and then, they offer many very beneficial effects to your health as following:
- Their soluble fibers helps to process fats, lower cholesterol and slow releases of carbohydrates into the bloodstream.
- Best source of fibers, they reduce your calories price and work against constipation.
- Rich enough in proteins that we need.
- Champion of the low GI food groups. When digestion starts, it takes a long time to burn beans. That’s why your blood sugar isn’t much affected.
- Beans are only 2-3% fat. They raise your leptin levels and reduce appetite, while causing your metabolism to work harder and faster.
- Canned beans are high in sodium. If you need low sodium intake level for lower lood pressure, stick with dry beans.
- Rich in vitamins B (for healthy brain and nerve cells) calcium (strong bones and teeth), vitamins C, potassium (reduces high blood pressure and stroke) Folate B (help protect against heart disease and cancer with folic acid) magnesium (for heart and bone health) and iron (helps prevent anemia)
Preparation of Greek Fasola recipe For 2 persons.