What to see and do in Athens Greece ? Let’s see what is the top 10 places to see in Athens.
How to arrive in Athens ? Nothing more easy. There are direct flights from every european capital. From the moment you are in the Greek capital, you can travel in the town with the nice metro. The hotel I suggest to you is Royal Olympic Hotel. Do not try to find another one, as far as I know Athens, it is the best hotel. No way to be disappointed: Not far away from all the important monuments of Athens, good value for money, renovated hotel very clean, nice service. I have tested for you a couple of times and I’ve never been deceived.
What is the climate in Athens ? May, June and September till October are ideal periods of time to visit Athens. The weather is good and dry, around 28o degrees. The historical sites are not crowded.
What to see in Athens ? Impossible to get bored in the town of Athens in Greece. Athens, the crave of Western civilization. Actually, I think you need around 10 days to see Athens, but anyway you can do it in a couple of days…. I mean to see the main sightseeing of Athens.
1. Visit the Parthenon on the Acropolis of Athens.
2. Visit the museum of Acropole.
3. Syntagma square.
4. Visit of the Olympieion and the Arch of Hadrian.
View from the Royal Olympic hotel
5. Visit of Herodes Atticus (see photo below on the left)
6. Visit of Thissio and Temple of Hephaestus (see photo above on the right)
7. Philopappos monument
8. Poseidon temple at Sounio.
9. Mount Lycabettus.
10. Monastiraki and plaka area.